Monday 24 December 2012

OUTFIT | #98


sweater, skirt: H&M; blouse: Uniqlo; boots: River Island; lipstick: MAC 'Rebel'

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how red my hair looks here? This colour is like the gift that keeps on giving. I've been using the same box dye since I first went red in May and it's gone from a barely perceptible reddish tinge to this. I guess it's the build-up of colour over time? I don't even know but whatever it is, I'm liking it. Dyeing my hair is definitely up there among my top 5 decisions of 2012. I'm sure I'll go back to my natural colour at some point but it certainly won't be any time soon. 

Onto the outfit. I guess I went for some kind of super-preppy-with-chelsea-boots vibe here? I do that sometimes. Gotta love those chelsea boots. They're reaching the end of their days, I fear. The scuffs on the toes got so bad I had to fill them in with black Sharpie, a la Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Poor babies, I've worn them so much. I'm also wearing MAC 'Rebel', a.k.a my new favourite lipstick, here but you can't really tell how incredible it is. Maybe I need to try and do one of those 'Face of the Day' style posts to show you its true beauty? I'm not the best at those but for 'Rebel', I'll give it a go.

Since I've been back at my mum's house I've done a massive wardrobe clear out. Think 5 bin bags full of old clothes to be donated to charity. I got sick of 1) having so many damn clothes and 2) knowing I didn't wear half of them but keeping them anyway. My clothes rail is no longer groaning under the weight of millions of dresses I'll never wear again. It felt pretty good to throw out that much stuff (if not a little bit sickening that I owned so much clothing in the first place, eek) plus it makes finding something I do want to wear so much easier. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe you that the lipstick is wonderful, but that sweater is the sar of the show for me. I love the color and the knit pattern!

    ReplyDelete