Sunday 20 July 2014

RECENT FAVOURITES | Summer 2014


I've had an interesting summer so far. The first half was spent enjoying my last few weeks of undergrad life with friends before everyone moved back home, followed by a month of travelling. Now I'm working in an office 9-5 for the rest of the summer so it's been a real mixture. In my travels, and since I've been back, a couple of products I've been using have really stuck out from the rest though.

YORKSHIRE GOLD TEA
This might seem like a bit of an odd one. No, it's not a beauty product. In 2014, I became a tea drinker. I never liked tea before one day, at my friend Zoe's house, she made me a cup of this. And I loved it. I drink my tea black, sometimes with a little bit of honey for some extra antibacterial properties. I'm happy to drink any tea now but this remains my absolute favourite. Since I've been working,  I've been up a lot earlier and as I'm trying not to drink too much coffee, this has been my caffeine kick of choice lately.

LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO
I mentioned this product a long time in my skincare routine post. Generally, I am incredibly lucky with my skin. It's the first thing people compliment me on. However, with travelling a lot and going in and out of planes and buildings with air conditioning and not always keeping up my skincare regimen, came some skin issues this month. My skin was not happy with my mistreatment of it and I had a few (tiny, but irritating to me) break outs to contend with. This restored my skin back to normal in no time at all.

URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY
It has been really hot here in the UK. And it was also incredibly hot while I was travelling around. Which is not always great if you're wearing a full face of make up. This product has especially been my saviour for long days at work (or for long nights in sweaty clubs, when I was in Berlin). I spritz it on over my make up and it helps keep things in place all day, no matter how absurdly warm it is outside.

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA
I tried to stay away from this mascara for as long as I possibly could. I knew as soon as I tried it I would love it, and I was right. It has completely replaced my former favourite mascara, the now sadly discontinued Maybelline One by One, in my make up routine. I will be the first to admit: It is ridiculously priced. I bought several tubes in the US as it's a bit cheaper over there. But I have yet to find a mascara I love as much and, for a girl with fairly short, sparse eyelashes, it does wonders so I really hate to be without it.

1 comment: