Tuesday 9 July 2013

OUTFIT | #145

dress: ASOS; boots: Topshop; watch: Casio; lipstick: Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow'

I've had this dress for absolutely bloody ages. I think I bought it on sale during my first term of university and I've never worn it. At first it was because it was a bit tight. Now it fits fine but I find it intimidatingly girly. My style's changed a lot over the years. I used to love very girly 1950s inspired stuff and favour extremely feminine clothing. I'd say I still dress in a feminine style, but in a much simpler, less colourful approach. Nothing frou-frou, no frills, no bells and whistles.

This dress has always seemed to err on the side of 'too much' for me but I decided, in the spirit of my recent wardrobe clear-out frenzy, I either need to start wearing it, or part with it. Since I really do want to keep it, I decided to try it out. It wasn't as bad as I expected. Thankfully. I think the addition of my go-to black boots balanced things out. It is, after all, a lovely dress. And I've probably been being a bit of a wimp not to wear it. I mean, it's only a piece of clothing, for goodness sake. How scary can it be.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that dress! You're gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love that dress, I wish I'd bought it while it was on Asos. I think you've badass-ed it up very well.

    ReplyDelete