Saturday 2 July 2011

DAYS OUT | Lunch By The Boat Club


One day last week we went out for lunch with some old family friends to catch up and meet their new puppy. It really was the most gorgeous day for it; clear blue skies all around and just warm enough to leave a cardigan at home for a change. The food was fantastic and we sat on benches under umbrellas, watching boats along the river. This is what I always envisage the best days of summer to be like. Good food, good company with plenty of sunshine and beautiful views.


The puppy was adorable too. I wish I could have a pet of my own at home but we just don't have the time so, as a total animal lover, I promptly fell in love with her. Although I did have to shoo her off my lap when it came to dessert; I don't share my chocolate fudge cake with anybody, no matter how adorable.


And the best way to wind down on a gorgeous summer afternoon? A leisurely walk along the river front, past the boat club and the most bizarre array of beach huts I ever saw. Plus it's the perfect excuse to walk off a delicious, but enormous, lunch so you don't run the risk of the top button of your shorts busting off, as I felt I might.


Of course, as soon as we were home I was back to worrying about currency, trial packing and re-packing my suitcase and frantically scanning checklists like the control freak I am in preparation for my holiday. But sometimes, particularly as a person who lives and breathes organisation, it's nice to have a day where everything is relaxed and there are no deadlines to meet or passports to double check you've packed in your hand luggage. Even if it's just for one day.


blouse: Urban Outfitters, shorts, shoes: Topshop, bag: Zara, sunglasses: River Island

No comments:

Post a Comment