Wednesday 27 July 2011

OUTFIT | #23


As the title suggests, the weather has been pretty pants lately. I, however, don't mind so much. Partly because I am a freak of nature who is always cold and sleeps under two duvets whether it's 30 degrees or snowing outside. But also because I have new jeans and I want to wear them, damn it.

These jeans have somewhat of a story behind them. I always think to myself 'I should buy some black jeans' but never do, being drawn, magpie style, to less practical items. The last pair I owned were well loved and worn to death by the time I parted ways with them, having formed an integral part of 14 year old me's emo/scene uniform.

Then a few weeks ago I was having a truly horrible day. Job interviews gone awry, left my umbrella on the bus, forgotten my house keys: that kind of day. I walked into the Topshop sale and committed myself to buying something, anything, to make myself feel better.  I just wanted some retail therapy. Which was when I spotted these jeans. A slightly faded wash, high waisted and so far removed from the grungy, low riding pair I'd sported in the past; I snapped them up.

cardigan, blouse, jeans: Topshop, shoes: George @ ASDA

In other news, I'm giving contact lenses a try. I'm still not 100% convinced about them. Wearing glasses every day since I was 5 years old has made my specs rather a part of my personality. Being without them is very odd and results in a lot of moments where I catch myself in mirrors and don't recognise the face looking back. We'll see how I get on with them. I still need to find time for an appointment about my trial with them. Between my new job, holidays and generally catching up with friends, I've had to cancel twice already, which I'm sure does not put me in Specsavers good books!

2 comments:

  1. love those topshop jeans. You look fab with and without glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same pair of jeans, I wore them just today! I love your look, you're gorgeous! xoxo, Veena <3

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete