Tuesday 23 October 2012

OUTFIT | #88

dress (worn as a skirt), sweater: H&M; boots: Clarks; watch: Swatch; necklace: Primark; hair cuff: Topshop

Yes, these are my favourite boots of the season so far. No, I'm not going to stop wearing them any time soon. (Although this love is somewhat necessitated by the fact that I desperately need my beloved River Island chelsea boots reheeled before I ruin them, poor babies. I've worn them to destruction) I did finally get my hands on a pair of Topshop Alexys this weekend, but they're a Christmas present from the mother so I will have to pine over them a while yet. 

Enough melodramatics over boots, let's talk about this dress (though I'm wearing it as a skirt here). I don't wear it nearly enough, despite owning it in black too. It never fails to make me feel pretty fantastic about myself. I know I talk about clothes a lot and tend to be a bit self-depricating but I think (without trying to get too preachy here) it's really important to acknowledge when you think you look good and, for want of a better phrase, own it. If you don't agree with me and you hate what I'm wearing, that's cool too. You can call me arrogant, it's no matter. If I can leave the house in the morning thinking 'Yep, I look great today' then that's enough for me. 

2 comments: