Monday 30 December 2013

RECENT FAVOURITES | Best of 2013


Yes, this is another of those 'best products of 2013' blog posts. No, I will not apologise for being a blogger cliché. If you know anything about me, you know I love lists so this is right up my alley. Hence, I present to you an assortment of products that I came to know and love in this past year.

URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE
I only own the original Naked palette, although I'm now sorely tempted by the Naked 3. I have a modest collection of eyeshadow palettes but the original Naked is always the first one I reach for. For someone with green(ish-blue) eyes, the warm toned colours really suit me. Whenever I travel, this is all the eyeshadow I bring with me. If I could recommend a palette to anyone, it would definitely be this one.

IT'S A 10 MIRACLE LEAVE-IN PRODUCT
My hair is a nightmare. It's long, dry, curly, prone to frizz, and thick. I'm constantly looking for ways to tame it. This is one product that does the trick. I run a few spritzes through wet hair then scrunch it and it stops my hair looking and feeling like straw. Possibly not a good bet for those with fine hair, but my hair needs all the help it can get and this helps along the way.

THE BODY SHOP BODY BUTTER
My skin also suffers with dryness. In the winter I'm prone to sore, itchy skin that feels tight and dried out. It's not the best. Most body moisturisers just don't cut it and leave my skin feeling parched again a few hours after application. The only thing I've found that helps combat my winter dryness is The Body Shop's body butter range. My personal favourite scents are Brazil Nut and Satsuma. 

NARS 'ALBATROSS' HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH POWDER
I used to only wear highlighter on special occasions, or when I could be bothered but recently I've been wearing it most days. Again, it's probably a dry skin thing. I hate a matte face. It just draws attention to dry patches. I've tried several highlighters in various forms, creams, powders, etc. This is my favourite. It blends like a dream and you don't end up looking like a disco ball after applying it.

RIMMEL 'STARRY EYED' LIPSTICK
This is a recent addition to my vampy lipstick collection (I should probably do an updated collection post at some point). I've long been a fan of Rimmel lipsticks. They apply and last well, and they're super cheap. 'Starry Eyed' has been my go-to daytime dark lip of late. Definitely a good one to try out if you're new to the dark lip thing, or want something more everyday appropriate.

LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFECLAR DUO
I mentioned this in my skincare post a while back, but it's still going strong. I'd recommend going and reading that post for more information but basically, it keeps what minimal breakouts I experienced at bay and helps reduce the appearance of pores. It also lasts ages too. I've used mine every day for around 6 months and there's still plenty left in the bottle.

TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID EAU DE PARFUM
I'd wanted this for years and finally received it as a gift for my 21st birthday, back in September. It's a really interesting, androgynous scent. With perfumes, I like intense, unique scents. Nothing that smells like cupcakes or flowers, thank you. It's definitely one to go and smell for yourself. I always get compliments when I wear this.

TARTE 'EXPOSED' AMAZONIAN CLAY BLUSH
Most bloggers worth their salt will likely have heard of this neutral blush. I picked it up on a trip to the US this year and found that it did indeed live up to the hype. If I can't decide what blush to wear, I always end up going for this.  Again, another product I always pack in my travel make-up bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment