Wednesday 27 June 2012

OUTFIT | #58

blouse, shorts: H&M; sandals: Topshop, lips: Revlon 'Pink About It' (discontinued), nails: Revlon 'Pink Lingerie'

It feels odd to be taking outfit shots in my bedroom at home with my old backdrop again. How long has it been? No more balancing my camera precariously on my windowsill in my little rooms in halls. It'll be all change again soon. When I move back to university in September I'll be living in a house with another new room. Hopefully there's a nice spot there to take pictures. Oh, the woes of a blogger!

This is one of my favourite outfits so far this summer. I have no shame in admitting I repeat outfits, and frequently. I've worn this one around 3 or 4 times now. I actually bought the shorts for a fancy dress night when I went as Snow White and needed something yellow to go with her blue and yellow theme (I know, I know, I could have bought one of those package costumes off eBay but I'm a student - they're way out of my budget!) They've become a firm summer staple in my wardrobe though and I almost wish I'd bought them in a few others colours as they're so comfortable. 

Now I'm home for a few months, I've mostly been mooching about watching a lot of tv (I'm currently addicted to Nurse Jackie, after finishing both season 1 and 2 in a week) and am trying to read more. Here's a tip for anyone heading into their first year as an English Literature student: reading for pleasure goes totally out of the window. Relish the opportunity in your summers! I am doing a bit of volunteering and ad hoc work here and there, as well as some travelling, though so I'm not totally wasting away my summer. Never fear! There will be plenty of blog posts about what I get up to coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Love the shorts! Your outfit reminds me of Winnie The Pooh, in a good way :) x

    ReplyDelete