Thursday 12 September 2013

SHOES | My Favourite Black Boots

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you'll be aware that my biggest weakness comes in the form of black boots. Well, and lipstick, but I already have a few posts about my favourite lipsticks. (Favourite Vampy Lipsticks, Favourite Winter Lipsticks, & Favourite All-Time Lipsticks - although this last one could do with an update) As I talk about boots often enough and, with Autumn coming up, will be wearing them all the time, I figured the time was nigh for a post about some of my favourite pairs. This isn't my entire 'collection' of boots - that would be a much longer post. Rather just my Top 5, if you will.


DR MARTENS 1460 BOOT
An obvious universal wardrobe classic and staple. Mine took bloody ages to wear in though. I suffered months of painful feet and blisters, despite wearing multiple pairs of thick socks, until these became comfortable. They are a total saviour in the snow though and just a great pair of boots that will always look good.


TOPSHOP MIGHTY BOOTS
A blatant rip-off of the Acne Pistol boot, at a much lower price. I wear these everywhere. They are my everyday black boot and I'm always tempted to buy a back-up pair, for when they eventually wear out. I could not be without them.


TOPSHOP ALEXY BOOTS
I missed out on the Topshop Allegra, back in the day, and always regretted it. I've since bought a knock-off pair of Allegras on eBay but I couldn't resist getting the Alexys. I wear these with both casual outfits to uni, or on a night out. Although, as with all my shoes, I always live in fear of them being ruined. That's the neat freak in me talking though.


TOPSHOP PREMIUM PARKER BOOT
I have a Recent Purchases post featuring these and explaining what an absolute steal they were in the sale. They feel incredibly well-made and are basically just a thing of beauty. I don't own any other boots with a pointed toe and I enjoy that they're on the flatter side, with only a slight heel, for days when I don't feel like being super tall.


TOPSHOP MONTH BOOTS
If you hadn't guessed by now, I have a bit of a love affair with Topshop boots. I am always inevitably drawn to their shoe section to scope out a new pair. These are the most recent addition to my boot family. I love a good chelsea boot, as if it wasn't obvious enough. Plus these look a bit cute and equestrian, with their little flat heel, which is rather charming, if not also practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment