Wednesday 18 September 2013

OUTFIT | #158

top: Topshop; skort: Zara; shoes: BCBGeneration; watch: Casio

I am a blogger cliché. This skort has been everywhere, on every blogger, lately. I went into Zara the other day and couldn't resist trying it on. I was (and still am somewhat) wary of the skort trend. It feels potentially 'gimmicky' to me. A trend that may not age particularly well. I'm always cautious not to buy things I think will look daft in a few months time (ahem, mullet hems/peplums, anyone?). So while I liked the skort on, I initially walked out of the shop and left it. Then I tweeted about it, a lot, and ended up convincing myself to go back and buy it. So it goes. Decision making has, sadly, never been my strong point.

I do enjoy how it looks like a super short skirt from the front, a style we all know I'm fond of, but without the potential for flashing your bum. Hence the last picture above. I was attempting to show what the shorts look like at the back, but it just looks like a picture of my (sadly flat) bum. So enjoy that, I suppose. I haven't had a chance to wear the skort out yet, but I was putting together some potential night-out outfits with it and this was one of my favourites. I'm sure it will make an appearance or two at fresher's week events when I'm back at uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment