Thursday 20 February 2014

RECENT PURCHASES | February 2014

I got my tax rebate last week so, naturally, I did a spot of shopping. Most of it went towards my travel pot, but I did buy a few things I was running out of. Plus a few lipsticks. Of course. Would you expect any less of me, really? 


I popped into Boots, in need of a new shampoo and conditioner as mine is running low. Since having my hair chopped off, I've also been experimenting more with new hair products. I used to stick religiously to the same Tresemmé products for years but I decided to see what else was out there. There was a 3 for 2 offer on John Frieda so I thought I would give their Dream Curls line a shot. I've used their Frizz Ease serum and Moisture Barrier hairspray (which I picked up in mini size for handbag use) for years and swear by it. Unfortunately they've completely changed the packaging recently and it looks super '90s and a bit dodgy. Not a fan, John Frieda. Soz. 

I also picked up my favourite body scrub as I'd completely run out. I love Soap & Glory's The Breakfast Scrub. It smells incredible and is a fantastic exfoliator, without being overly abrasive. I have very dry, sensitive skin but this never leaves me feeling irritated, and it lasts for ages. 


Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in #107

Revlon Matte Balm in Shameless

It wouldn't be a shopping trip if I didn't come back with a new lipstick or two. First up, I really wanted to try out the new Revlon Matte Balm range. I was never interested in the sheer versions they brought out previously. I do bold or I don't bother. I'd read good things about the Matte version on my friend Kathryn's blog so I opted for the super out-there purple colour. They last forever. I applied it at 7pm the other night and finished work at 3am (I'm a bartender, hence the bizarre hours) and it was still intact. Top stuff.

Another highly recommended lipstick was from the Rimmel Kate Moss range. So many of my friends rave about the shade #107 so I finally caved and bought it. It's a lovely, slightly purplish, dark red. It's not fully matte either, like a lot of my reds, which is a plus.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree that the John Frieda packaging is a bit didgy. They kind of look like all stock. It's not important but why fix what wasn't broken?
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete