Wednesday 25 July 2012

TRAVELS | Latitude 2012


I volunteered at Latitude festival this year. I've never really been one for the whole festival thing before. It's always seemed like a bit too much money to drop on one weekend. Free is free though, and I had a fantastic time, despite all the mud. I took some disposable cameras with me to get snaps of the experience. No outfit shots though; I don't really do 'festival fashion'. I wore the same pair of shorts and wellies with a hoody for several days. It was so not glam, especially when combined with the lack of hot showers.

Volunteering for most of the day did mean I missed a few acts I wanted to see (I am forever a bit sad that I didn't get to see how bad Lana Del Rey is live firsthand), but I got over it. I would wake up early, get my work out of the way for the day and then come back to the staff campsite, have a few drinks with my fellow volunteers and head out to the forest to dance until the early hours. All in all, not a bad way to spend a few days. 

2 comments:

  1. you can get out tbh because lana del rey was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGyR_Vj6GaU&feature=related IT WAS MAGICAL

      Delete