Sunday 1 July 2012

OUTFIT | #59


blazer, blouse: H&M; jeans, shoes: Topshop; watch: ASOS

The weather is muggy and I am struggling. How does one dress for 'muggy'? 23 degrees yet still overcast with a forecast of rain? I feel like a broken record constantly banging on about the weather but come on, what is this? It's not just affecting my outfit choices. Even typing this entry is made more difficult by this weather. Here's some behind the scenes information: I can't write these entries unless I have total silence. Music in the background, someone talking to me, any extraneous noises and I can't focus. Which means I can't have my fan on, despite the fact that my room feels like a sauna, because even that is too distracting.

Anyway, enough whining. I've been keeping myself busy since I've been home, seeing friends and running errands and the like. I wore this to have breakfast with some of my favourite hometown ladies (Wetherspoons Full English for £2.99? You can't beat it) The top (that I've already said is a firm summer favourite) and shoes were an attempt to look somewhat bright, despite the weird muggy-but-miserable weather. This is probably as close as I'll get to the whole neon for summer thing, unless it's on my nails. The black jeans, while very much within my comfort zone, did get a bit much after a while. I had to make a quick pitstop at home to switch them out for a maxi dress before going to the cinema in the afternoon. 

2 comments:

  1. How to dress for muggy weather? One word: Muumuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know know you feel, I actually wrote about it in my last post. I'm still wearing a scarf and tights out everyday! I didn't realise it was as bad across the pond though. I'm just hoping for a lovely crisp bright Autumn now instead :)

    http://littlerubyrobin.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete